The church is dedicated to St. Margaretha from Antiochian. The first documentary evidence was in 1170, where the parish of Bad Waltersdorf was called the mother parish of Ebersdorf. The church has been renovated from 1689-1690 from Domenico Orsolino. The baroque interior dates from the 1st half of the 18th century. The high altarpiece is the work of Johann Cyriak Hackhofer.
The most special object of the church is a rare representation of a “wheel of fortune” (mural painting, estimated 14. century) at the sanctuary. The wheel of luck has been discovered in the year 1990 during renovation work.
There is a Museum of the roman period next to the church.
Chapels: Maria Hilf at Hilf at Hohenbrugg, holy cross at Geiseldorf, chapel Haller, chapel Sebersdorf, chapel Oberlimbach, chapel Lichtenwald, castle chapel Obermayerhofen